Saturday 23 January 2010

So, a first Blog.


I really did think this would be easy! After all, my mind is so full of things to write and share with others. But where do you start?

So, I figured a feed on my days activities, however interesting would be a good method. This would serve me as a 'diary log' for looking back on my year and would also help others by either learning from my mistakes or sharing my successes. I expect as I get more used to Blogging I might change my format but for now I'll just stick to something simple and try to update every few days.

Today was the first day in 2010 that I felt spring is not that far away. There is a smell in the air that I seem to pick up on, the smell of growth? The Iris and Narcissus are an inch out of the ground or pot, making that important mental picture of the display seem more real. It's no longer in my minds eye, it real now! I have started to get the Dahlias ready for starting into growth and have purchased the seeds for this garden year. Its all in gear now for a great year.

Looking forward, I have a great deal of design work to do at Blackgates. There is good mature planting to work around but the garden as it stands is just not me. It needs my design eye casting over it and more flow to the garden. There is a big lack of herbaceous border due to the previous owner prefering the gravel look. This also means the lawn was removed. A garden without lawn just isn't a garden to me. Lawns are less maintenance than gravel. If you have ever weeded 50 square metres of gravel you will be nodding with me on this! Therefore, the lawn situation needs immediate consideration.

Anyway, I feel like I'm babbling on a bit now so I'll leave it at that for my first Blog. I hope the weather is kind to me tomorrow!
Take care, and make the most of that room outside.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on launching the blog mate - getting ready to get my veg bed made - might need to hire you for a few hours to help fetch the timbers and topsoil.

    ReplyDelete